A luggage & delivery service for all types of travel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Q) Who will pick up my case?
2. A) We use international carriers including TNT and DHL
1. Q) What is my weight allowance and why does it differ from my paperwork
2. A) Luggage should NOT exceed 20kgs per item (unless on special agreed tours). We have to key certain data into the system to create your booking, any variances are between our contract department and DHL/TNT and do not relate to your suitcase/s. They are for data entry purposes only so please do not worry, there is no need to call The Baggageman.
1. Q) Do I leave my case unlocked?
2. A) Cases must remain unlocked – You can put a luggage strap around your case/s. We have enclosed clear cable ties to go through the zips of your case, so that if customs or DHL security did need to look inside, they can simply snip the tie without damaging the case.
1. Q) Do I attach my tour company’s labels?
2. A) Yes, any labels that you have will help identify your bag, so are recommended. Remove all old labels.
1. Q) Do you recommend any type of suitcases?
2. A) All makes of sturdy suitcases are acceptable; we do not suggest expensive designer cases as elements of wear and tear are inevitable. We do recommend standard, soft shell cases.
1. Q) Can I pack my portable kettle and travel iron?
2. A) Yes.
1. Q) What is the invoice that comes with the Switzerland labels?
2. A) Please ignore this invoice, this is for customs purposes and is not an invoice for payment at any time. You must hand it over to the driver so that your suitcase can move through UK and Swiss customs smoothly. With this, you will also find a generic packing list, again, ignore this- it is for customs use only.
1. Q) On my return journey where do I leave my Consignment Note or Archive Doc?
2. A) For Hotels and River Cruise Ships you leave your return consignment note or Archive Doc with the hotel reception or concierge along with your suitcase, all labelled, on the morning you depart. For Ocean cruises you will receive individual instructions on your briefing sheet.
Great savings for multiple cases and early bookings...
(Multiple cases must all be dispatched from 1 UK address to qualify for special offers)
Return prices are identical...
Please enquire for current multiple case & early booking discounts and carriage of sports equipment.
The team at BaggageMan have many years experience in shipping the most critical of items around the world. Modern day technology allows us to track and monitor your baggage from origin to destination and safely back home.